"Police officers put the badge on every morning, not knowing for sure if they'll come home at night to take it off."
~Tom Cotton

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Kudos for our town manager

The Board recently evaluated our town manager, Julian Suso, giving him marks that ranged from meets expectations to exceeds expectations in every category.

However, we did not review Mr. Suso in a vacuum. What follows is one email we received which certainly corroborates my experience.

=====

Hi there ~

I’m not sure if you at all interested in the public’s opinion on evaluating Mr. Suso, however I feel inclined to share my thoughts.  Do with them what you will, but my motivation is simple; I believe in giving credit where credit is due, because far too often we only share the negative.

Most of my interface with the Town is done professionally, as [role] of [organization]. 

Since Mr. Suso has taken office I have found a pronounced change in the atmosphere at Town Hall.  Once irritable and visibly frustrated personnel in all departments are more upbeat.  There is a sense of information sharing and working together which did not exist previously. 

Additionally projects that [organization] is involved with are making significantly more headway and progress.  Delays are explained and problems or obstacles are addressed in a collaborative spirit. 

Town Hall is a very different place. 

I have found Julian to be polite, respectful, and a quiet leader. 

He has not come to Falmouth and stormed in, making broad sweeping changes to how we do things.  He instead has observed and listened and then implemented change with support from staff, committees, elected officials, etc.  He has been correct regarding all major issues and changes and yet works with folks to make changes for the better.

He also comes to us with many troubling issues facing him and yet remains undaunted and cool in a stressful situation.  

We do not have a personal relationship but a professional one – and it is one I value. 

I think Falmouth is SO LUCKY to have him and I hope you do as well.

Thank you,
 

No comments: